October Favourites 2014

Thursday 30 October 2014

 
 
Hello Everyone and Happy Halloween to you all!

Am I the only one who can't believe that it's the end of October already? The year has practically flown by and before you know it, it'll be Christmas! (Not that I'm complaining- I'm far more excited than I should be!!)
I only have a couple of picks this month, but since I hadn't done a 'favourites' post since July, I thought I'd better update you all on my current obsessions! Shall we get started?
 
Ah, Vitamin E Oil. I first discovered this little gem while on my trip to the Grampians last month. I needed a quick fix for my dry, damaged hair and this seemed to work wonders! I've since been using on my face after cleansing and it has made a world of difference! If you have dry skin just like me, I highly recommend picking up a bottle!
 
 
Something you all should know about me is that I am a nail polish addict and I own more polishes than I care to admit. I've tried tonnes of brands and formulations but haven't found one I absolutely love until now!
Yes, I'm jumping on the bandwagon a little late here, but this month I've been loving the formulation of OPI Nail polishes!
I painted my nails with OPI's 'Russian Navy' earlier this month and loved it! The colour was opaque and it lasted on my nails for well over a week without any chipping! I'll defiantly be picking up some new colours from this brand very soon!
 
 
For the past couple of weeks, I've been making some green smoothies in the morning. It was always something I thought people did for the health benefits rather than because it tasted good, but I really have loved drinking them! My favourite smoothie has been the 'Make-Me-Over Mojito smoothie' found in Sarah Wilsons book 'I Quit Sugar'. If drinking green smoothies and juices has been something you've considered but haven't done, I highly recommend giving it a go! It's become such a treat for me and I cant wait to find and try new recipes!
 
Here's a picture I took about a week ago showing my green smoothie and some egg and bacon cupcakes also found in Sarah's book. (They were delicious too!)
 
 
Can we please talk about Taylor's new album for just a minute?! Yes, I know '1989' only came out a few days ago but I'm already obsessed! I don't think I could tell you a favourite song from the album since they all are so good, but 'Out of the Woods' has been on repeat quite a few times this month so let's go with that. Do you have a favourite song from the album?
 

I have a favourite blogger this month and her name is Kirsty from Effortlessly Excessive. Oh wow, this girl is talented! Kirsty posts on her blog about all things Fashion & Beauty related with the occasional rant thrown in too! I pretty much always end up browsing her little corner of the internet every time I'm in need of Inspiration. I find her blog informative and interesting- I could literally spend hours reading all of her wonderful posts! So well done, Kirsty!
 
I'd love to hear your thought's on my latest obsessions. Let me know in the comments below what you've been loving this month as well as something you're looking forward to next month

That's it from me today, Have an amazing day!

Love Megan xo


6 comments

  1. Hey Megan, I love this little summary :) I like OPI nail polish as well, such a variety of colours and seems to last longer. As for green smoothies/juices: I find some combinations to be better than others. E.g. if it has some fruit in it to cut through the veggies, then I am a fan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Jess!
      Yes OPI seem to be doing really well- I agree, the colour variety is just wonderful (and I love the names of them too!)
      I think that finding smoothies and juices that you love certaintly requires some playing around with ingredients and flavours!
      Thanks for reading, have a great week!

      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. The vitamin E oil looks great! I have super dry hair so that defs looks like something that would help me out. Great post :)

    http://www.skinnybelle.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Robyn, Thanks for reading!
      Im glad to hear you like the sound of the vitamin E oil, Please let me know how you find it :)
      Have a lovely week
      Megan xo

      Delete
  3. I am so in love with the color of that nail polish! <3 I like this post <3

    www.juliahasch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julia for your lovely comment!
      It is a beautiful colour isn't it?
      In photos (and even sometimes in real life) It can seem like a dark purple, but it is actually a deep navy colour- still beautiful though!
      Enjoy your week!
      Megan xo

      Delete