I Quit Sugar! + Special Announcement

Thursday 23 October 2014

Happy Thursday!
 
How has everyone's week been? Lovely I hope!

 


If you aren't already aware, I have been living sugar free for the past four weeks. (I know it sounds a little crazy, but just bear with me!) A little over a month ago, I signed up for Sarah Wilson's 'I Quit Sugar 8 Week Program
'. Never heard of it? well, let me fill you in! The program is designed as a way to help people who are trying to overcome their addiction and cravings for sugar. Until a few months ago, it had never occurred to me that I may be 'addicted' to sugar (nor did I realize that it was actually a thing!)

The problem with consuming too much sugar (Fructose specifically) is that our bodies just don't use it. Glucose, (the other component of sugar) is good sugar, and it can be used by all of our cells for energy. Fructose, is quite the opposite. It not only gets turned directly into fat, but it goes undetected by our bodies, meaning we continue to eat even after we're full. The complicated part is that it's extremely addictive and unfortunately, it's added to almost everything we eat!


I don't want to go into it in too much detail here, but if you'd like to know more information, I recommend checking out these books:

'Sweet Poison' + 'The Sweet Poison Quit Plan' by David Gillespie
'I Quit Sugar' + 'I Quit Sugar for Life' by Sarah Wilson

I signed up to the program for a couple of reasons..
Most of my life I've struggled with my weight. Don't get me wrong, I would love my body even if I weighed 300 kilos! But unfortunately, it had gotten to the stage where it stopped me from doing things I've wanted to do. I became quite tired and often had trouble sleeping. I knew the way I lived was unhealthy, and I knew I needed to do something about it. A lovely friend of mine quit sugar almost a year ago and speaks only positive things about her experience! I decided to give it a go, hoping for a realistic lifestyle change.

Approaching the half way mark of the program, I decided to write this post so I can not only reflect on what I've achieved in the program so far, but also share my experience for anyone who might be considering this program for themselves.


So far, the biggest change has been my attitude to drinking water. Before starting the program, There hadn't been a single day that I can ever remember not having soft drink. I simply couldn't stand the taste of water!
Today, I'm happy to tell you that it's been 17 days since my last glass of diet coke. What surprised me the most is that I don't even want it anymore! I can happily sit in a crowded room filled with people drinking sugary drinks and I'm not the slightest bit inclined to have a glass myself. It might not be much but for me, this is a really big step and I couldn't be prouder of myself! To add to that, I've also kicked a few kilos, and gained tones of energy! So far, I'm feeling absolutely fantastic and I just can't wait to see even more results!

If you or someone you know has been considering the 'IQS8WP', then I would highly recommend it! Sarah and her team offer you delicious meal plans, easy recipes and tips to help you out along the way. Of course If you have any problems or questions at all, you are easily able to consult an IQS ambassador or fellow participants in the forums!

Register at iquitsugar.com

 


I hope you enjoyed reading this post and hopefully I will have helped some of you!

Now, for my announcement...

Christmas is by far my favourite time of the year and as we're fast approaching the jolly season, I've decided to do something special on the blog! I'm committing to creating festive themed craft projects for you all during the month of December! I'd love to hear your thoughts and ideas for this project! I'm so excited and I hope you all are too!


I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and I'll speak to you very soon!

Love Megan xo

4 comments

  1. I'm looking forward to the craft projects! One of my goals for this year is to successfully complete a DIY project, and Xmas sounds like the perfect time to do one :)

    Jess

    www.nerdydirtyflirty30.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jess, I'm so thrilled to see that you're excited for this project!
      Don't worry, I'll make sure I have plenty of projects for you so you'll be able to complete one!
      If you've got any particular suggestions, id love to hear them?
      Have a great day, Megan xo

      Delete
  2. That is absolutely crazy, I can't even work out what you would eat with out sugar, it's in so much! A huge well done to you :)
    And I love the idea of sending some christmas crafts and inspiration from you, such a cute idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Hannah, it is in so much stuff!
      I'm trying to eat as much natural product as possible- Meat, Dairy, Veggies!
      Thanks so much for your support. I'm also glad to hear that you love the idea! :)
      Have a great day?
      Megan xo

      Delete