A Day At Hanging Rock

Thursday 2 October 2014

 
Hello Everyone!

A few days ago, my friend Jordan and I took a trip to Hanging rock. I thought I'd take this opportunity to get some fantastic shots and share my experience with you all!

For those of you who are unsure, Hanging Rock is located in the Macedon ranges in Central Victoria. It's a distinctive volcanic formation that is 718m high (2,356 ft.) and was created over 6 million years ago. It's named after a large boulder suspended over the entrance to the rock that appears to be, yep.. hanging!

The rock is commonly known as the mysterious place where 4 school girls and their teacher went missing in the novel 'Picnic at hanging rock' - written by Joan Lindsay. This story absolutely fascinates me! -If you'd like to read more about the legend, I've provided a link here!

I was super excited to be able to climb the rock but was a little nervous- I'm certainly not a mountain climber and I wasn't sure I'd be fit enough to reach the summit! By taking it slowly, I was able to reach my goal of completing the climb! Even if it weren't possible, there were still a few rest stops a long the way that all had great views too!

Here are some of the amazing shots I took on the day! :)
 













Don't these views just look absolutely amazing? I had such a fantastic time!

Please let me know in the comments if you enjoyed this post, I certainly enjoyed creating it for you all! Perhaps you'd also like to share a recent mountain climbing experience with me?

Have a lovely weekend and I'll see you back here for a new post on Monday!

Love Megan xo


6 comments

  1. Wow, it's so scenic there! Your photos are beautiful. I wish I could share a recent mountain climbing experience, but as hilly as Bristol may be, I can't really say there's any mountains round here!
    Jennifer x
    Ginevrella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Jenny! Its such a beautiful place!
      I'm sure Bristol is gorgeous too, id love to hear more about it!
      Have a fantastic weekend!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. That is absolutely gorgeous! The book sounds good to, might have to pick that up!
    -Angela

    blueskiesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela, thanks for reading!
      It's such a beautiful place to visit!
      let me know what you thought of the book if you do pick it up, Its been a while since I've read it!
      Have a great day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  3. Hey Megan! What an amazing view! Some very lovely photos, it looked like you had an amazing time!
    I'm climbing Pen Y Fan next week with mum! It's the highest mountain near me!

    Ffion
    www.asouthwalesblog.com
    @AWelshBlog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ffion for your lovely comment, I did have an amazing time!
      Oh wow, sounds like an awesome adventure, id love to hear how it goes! I hope you have a wonderful time with your mum!
      Have a great day!
      Megan xo

      Delete