Inspiration Monday #3: Pineapples?

Monday 29 September 2014


 
Hello Everyone!


I've really been enjoying creating posts for the 'Inspiration Monday' series- In fact, I've even found myself excited to write this post! I've had great responses from you all in the past as well so I thought I'd go ahead and write a new instalment in the series today.

So lets talk about Pineapples.

No you didn't read that wrong, yes I did say pineapples. Are you as confused as I was when I saw this becoming a trend? It's almost as if a group of people sat in a board room naming completely random inanimate objects to slap all over accessories! My curiosity got the better of me and I decided to do a little bit of research on the subject.
 
It seems the pineapple has had a long and rich history dating back to colonial times.  It was seen as the fruit of the wealthy and dinner guests were delighted to discover their host had spared no expense to ensure they were satisfied. It was also bought as a gift to the hostess when entertaining guests. Since then, the pineapple has been known as an icon associated with hospitality.
 
Perhaps this is why the tropical fruit made its way onto our pillows and tea towels?
 
 

I personally like this trend. The treat reminds me of hot summer days days and beach parties.. doesn't it just make you wish you were sipping cocktails somewhere warm?! I think adding a few pineapples is a fantastic way to add character to your space. The bright colours and quirky shape will also add a retro vibe. Its definitely a hot pick for this summer!
 
So what about you, Is this a trend you'll be trying? Let me know in the comments your thoughts as well as suggestions for upcoming 'Inspiration Monday' posts. Also, don't forget to check out my 'Pineapple trend' Pinterest board I've created for you all!

You may also like to check out past 'Inspiration Monday' posts:
Geometric love & Pretty pastels

Have a wonderful week!
Love Megan xo

2 comments

  1. I really loved the pineapple trend last summer! It was literally everywhere.


    http://shopaholicoverhere.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!
      I'm so glad you love this trend!
      I've been seeing it everywhere too- Especially in Fashion!
      Have a lovely day!
      Megan xo

      Delete