10 Things I Love About Me

Thursday 11 September 2014


 
Hey Everyone!


My life seems like a bit of a mess these days. In fact, I was starting to feel like the world was against me. A couple of days ago I had a really long think about my life and where I was going. I remember thinking to myself "well, at least I'm happy with who I am." I thought that this was a really strong message and it was one I wanted to share with you all. Although things seem pretty crappy, I chose to focus on being happy and confident with who I am.
 
I decided to make a list of the things I love about myself. You'd be surprised how wonderful it feels to see look at your list and see all of the amazing qualities about yourself. Today I'm sharing my list with you all in the hopes that you'll take the time to discover things that you love about yourself.
 
My list:
 
1. I'm a really good friend. I try to always listen and support my friends, or even tell them when they're being stupid. That's just what friends do!
 
2. I love that I'm so creative! There's nothing else I'd rather do then paint a landscape or create new quilt blocks!
 
3. I have amazing hair: It grows fast, it holds a curl and it doesn't get to oily. I always get compliments on my hair smelling really good too! 
 
4. I love to laugh! I used to get teased for laughing at everything but I think its a wonderful quality to have! 
 
5. My eyes are beautiful. I love how they sparkle when the light hits them!
 
6. I'm a 'glass half full' person, I try to always stay optimistic!
 
7. I always see the best in others. Even when someone has been really horrible to me, I cant help but see the best in them. Its just part of who I am!
 
8. I'm a dreamer! I have big goals and I am always striving to achieve them.
 
9. I'm an empathetic person. When someone cries, I just want to cry with them! I think its a wonderful gift to be able to relate to others on an emotional level.
 
10. I take the time to appreciate everything. If you’ve ever sent me a message or left a comment, believe me when I say that I honestly appreciated it.  I always try to acknowledge every little bit of kindness in the world.
 
 

I've also made a list of what I love about YOU!


1. You support me and my blog. The support I've received has been overwhelming, and I love you all for it!
 
2. You don't ever judge me, and you only leave me kind words.
 
3. You continue to read this blog even though you know I'm a complete weirdo!
 
4. Your blogs make me laugh and they make me cry. You inspire me everyday to work harder on my blog
 
5. You always have interesting things to say!
 
6. You are all so talented! The knowledge you all have is just amazing, and I'm thankful that you choose to share your ideas and thoughts with me!
 
7. You are open with your own struggles and I'm glad I have found others who I can relate to. Its always nice to know you're never alone.
 
8. I love that you always update me on what's happening in your part of the world!
 
9. You're courage. It takes a certain kind of person to put yourself out there and become vulnerable to negativity.
 
10.  You always bring a smile to my face with your lovely comments and messages. To see that you all love what I do just makes my day!
 

I hope you enjoyed this post, I loved making it! So now I encourage you all to make a list too.. Go on, tell me what you love about you! 
 

Quick little note: Next week I'll be heading off to the Grampians to take a painting class. I'm so excited and yes, I'll be sure to update you all on my trip! Unfortunately I'll be taking the week off from blogging, so you wont be able to expect a new post from me until Monday 22nd of September. Of course, you can follow me on my social media accounts where I'll still be available!
 
I'll talk to you soon
 
Love Megan xo

14 comments

  1. I'm empathetic too! If you cry I will definitely join in. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? Oh I think it's a wonderful gift to have! I hope you feel very privileged
      Thanks for commenting lovely, have a great day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. What a lovely post, such a positive read for me to start my day! People don't appeciate themselves enough- it's become the norm to downplay our good parts and focus on the negative so as not to appear vain or arrogant. I'm much happier though when I like myself!
    Jennifer xx
    http://www.ginevrella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I totally agree with you Jenny. Apart of me was nervous to post this because I knew someone would have a problem with it and think I’m “up myself”…
      But why not celebrate what we love about ourselves? I also feel much for confident when im not tearing myself down!
      Thanks for commenting as always, have a great day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  3. Loved your post, so touching ♥

    XOXO Nati
    http://artdicted2.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Nati, Im glad to hear you enjoyed my post!
      Have a lovely day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  4. This is fab! It's so important to love yourself before you can love others x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you on that one! how can you expect others to love you when you don't even love yourself?
      Thanks for reading, and im so glad to see you liked it!
      Have a good day!
      Love Megan xo

      Delete
  5. This is so different from everything we see. Very refreshing. I love it !

    Feathers and Brushes | Swiss | Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Thankyou so much for leaving such a lovely comment, I'm glad to see you found it refreshing!
      Have a fantastic weekend! :)
      Megan xo

      Delete
  6. This post is amazing, I love how positive you are, you are an inspirational person!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Ella, that really means a lot to me! Thankyou so much for your kind words and for reading my blog.
      I hope you have an absolutely amazing day!
      Love Megan xo

      Delete
  7. Oh good on you! It can be so much easier to rave about our weaknesses, but so important to celebrate our strengths :)

    http://nerdydirtyflirty30.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jess,
      Thanks for reading and commenting- I really do appreciate it!
      I totally agree with you, which is why I thought it was so important to do this post!
      Have a wonderful day!
      Megan xo

      Delete