Things I Wish I Could Tell My Younger Self

Thursday 4 September 2014





Growing up is one of the most painfully horrifying and unbearably exciting things any of us will ever do. Like anyone else, I’ve made many mistakes; some are ones I wish I could erase from history. If I could do it again, I’d come equipped with more self-respect and a lot more confidence... Maybe even a better sense of fashion too!

Here are some things I'd tell my younger self..


 
  • Don't give up on your hobbies. If you love to draw and paint, then do it! You'll have an easier time figuring out who you are by doing what you love than being someone you're not.
 
  • Don't worry so much about popularity and being 'cool', You'll never see these people again anyway.
 
  • Listen to your friends and family when they say a guy isn't good for you. They know you better than you think they do. 
 
  • Just know that you're going to make mistakes. Remember to consider them lessons, and don't be so hard on yourself.
 
  • Just say yes. Its okay to do things that seem a little scary, that's how you'll grow.
 
  • Don't wear those ugly brown pants that you thought were so cool... Ever!
 
  • Make a better effort to keep connected to old friends. You'll regret it if you let those wonderful people walk out of your life.
 
  • What other people do and say about you has very little to do with you. It's just a reflection of them.
 
  • Don't change who you are to suit others. It doesn't matter so much what others think of you. It only matters what you think of yourself.
 
  • No matter what, everything is going to be alright. :)
 
 
What would you say to your younger self if given the chance?
Have a wonderful weekend
 
Love Megan xo

6 comments

  1. I agree completely with 'Don't worry so much about popularity and being 'cool', You'll never see these people again anyway' - I am not sure I would have believed older me though!

    My addition to the list - I would tell younger me to spend more time with my family - especially my grandparents.

    Love your blog - truly beautiful :-)

    Ducky xx www.ducklingtoaswan@blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for taking the time to read my post and comment, it is always appreciated! :)
      Your addition is so true, that's something I often need to remind myself to do now!
      Thanks for leaving kind words, you're so lovely!
      Enjoy your weekend!
      Love Megan xo

      Delete
  2. Hi darling
    This is exactly me! I'm so glad to hear that you are finally doing the things you want to do, it's so important to me that I do things that make me happy!!
    Thankyou so much for leaving your comment, have a lovely day
    Megan xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello lovely!
    Thank you so much for reading my post and leaving such kind words in your comment! I'm so glad you hear you enjoyed reading this particular post :)
    Have a wonderful day
    Megan xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely blog post idea!!! By the way I laughed so hard at your line about wearing the brown pants hahaa. I have loads of clothing items I'd love to tell my younger self not to wear ughhhh...:))

    Lenniebie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks heaps for commenting and reading darling, it makes me so happy to hear you loved this post! Oh gosh, don't we wear some terrible things? Haha take care Hun
      Megan xo

      Delete