Finding Yourself

Monday 27 October 2014

Some days, it's only fitting that I write about subjects relating to my personal life. Today is one of those days..

Most of the time, I'm pretty sure of who I am. (which is more than I can say about a lot of people my age!) But sometimes, I just lose myself. My beliefs suddenly become unclear and I lose sight of where I'm going. Has this happened to you? 
Maybe if I were older, this wouldn't ever be an issue. I mean, what is it about older people? They just seem so damn sure of themselves all the time. Perhaps truly knowing who you are just comes with life experience and time.
 
Today, I wanted to share some of my tips that I think will help some of you who might be going through this identity struggle too!

Let's get started!


1. Love yourself first.
Okay, so this might sound a little cliché, but It's true! I believe knowing who you are and being comfortable in your own skin only comes from being 100% ay-okay with yourself.  That means that its time to stop hating on your flaws and imperfects. Now, repeat after me: Perfection doesn't exist.

2. Have a purpose.
What is it that you love to do? What are you passionate about? For me, it's being creative! It doesn't matter how I do it, just as long as I am always creating something. Figuring out what you love can play such a big part in finding out who you are. If you're not sure what it is exactly that you love to do, then follow my next tip.

3. Discover.
So, how is it that you find your purpose? Just do something- anything! Have as many new experiences as you can. It's okay to be a little scared, that means you're stepping outside of your comfort zone. As you adapt to new environments, your experiences will mould your interests.


 
I found this quote and It really speaks to me..

 
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard

Perhaps that's just it. We shouldn't worry so much about figuring out who we're meant to be, but rather create the person we actually want to be.


Did this post help you to discover yourself, or do you have any extra tips? Please leave your thoughts below as I'd love to hear them!

I apologise if this post seemed a little disjointed and short, I'm running on limited sleep today! I'll have an exciting post ready for you all on Thursday! Have a fabulous day everyone and i'll see you soon!

Love Megan xo

4 comments

  1. This is such a lovely post! We all need to do these things more often xx



    Jemma | Jemma In Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you enjoyed this post Jemma, Thankyou so much for stopping by and having a read, it's appreciated!
      Have a lovely day
      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. This was a great post! :) I need to start doing these things!! Xx

    www.lcsbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting, I'm so pleased to hear you loved my post! I hope you found it helpful
      Have a fantastic day
      Megan xo

      Delete