10 Ways To Dress Up Blank Walls

Monday 6 October 2014

Hello everybody!

Today on the blog, I have rounded up my favourite ways to decorate blank walls. I hope with this post, I'll be able to inspire many of you who are looking for some fresh ideas for your home.

Lets jump right in!
 
1. Unique wall art.
 

Yes, starting with the obvious one!
You really don't need to stop at frames when decorating walls. There are thousands of unique designs for wall art out there if you look hard enough. I particularly like the textured design in this image- it practically flies off the wall!

2. Gallery.
 
 
I adore this quirky idea! Why not gather a few of your bits and bobs to display together as a wall gallery? It certainly creates interest in the space!
 
3. Wall decals
 

Wall decals or stickers are absolutely fantastic! They come in a range of designs & sizes, and if you change your mind, they usually peel off easily without leaving any marks!

4. Collage's
 

I just love inspirational collages! It'll easily fill your blank walls and it'll make you smile every time you see it!!

5. Clocks
 

Why not fill your space with a decorative clock?! Cute and practical? Yes please!

6. Textures


If your place seems cold and clinical, use these soft textures to warm up your space! Yarn & Quilted wall hangings are perfect if you're looking for something a little different. Isn't this one just adorable?!

7. Washi tape
 

Oh, Washi Tape.. The possibilities are literally endless with this one!
Here's a link to a site that shows you some great ways to use the tape: 10 ways to transform your space with washi tape.
 

8. Storage Shelves
 

Why not take advantage of the wall space and add some extra shelves? They'll add some interest to the room and store your little knick knacks too!


9. Mirrors
 
 
Not only will a large mirror fill your empty space, but it'll also bounce light around the room making it appear larger and brighter!
 
10. Wallpaper

 
Wallpaper is such a versatile product since it comes in about a million different colours and patterns. You can use wallpaper to make as big or as little of a statement as you want- the options are endless!

I hope you enjoyed this post and maybe even found yourself inspired to decorate! Please let me know which ideas were your favourite as well as any ideas you might have that could be added to the list! I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Love Megan xo
 

3 comments

  1. Perfect timing, I'm actually decorating my room at the minute and couldn't decide what to put on my wall...
    nevertheless wonderful post! I look forward to reading more :) x

    www.sheintheknow.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rebecca,
      Im sorry it took me so long to reply to you, but thanks for your comment, its appreciated!
      I’m so glad I was able to get this post up just in time for you- I hope I was able to give you a few ideas too!
      Have a fantastic day!
      Megan x

      Delete
  2. Hi Brenda,
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but thanks for your lovely comment!
    Oh I totally agree, there are far too many to choose from! I personally love ones with tree’s just like the one I’ve included in the post!
    I hope you find the perfect one for your front room soon!
    Have a lovely day!
    Megan x

    ReplyDelete