D.I.Y Twine-Strung Notice Board

Thursday 9 October 2014

 
 
Hello Craft Bugs!

 This week, I was gifted a copy of 'The Art of Handmade Living' by Willow Crossley. This book is filled with 40 of the most gorgeous craft ideas for decorating your home. I just couldn't help but be completely inspired to create some of these ideas. I've decided that for today's post, I'll show you all how to make this notice board found in Willows book, but I've put my own little twist on it!
 
You will need:
 


  • An old frame- you may have one somewhere in your house like I did. If not, you will be able to find plenty at an Opp shop/ Thrift shop or Market
  • Ruler, Scissors and a pencil
  • A hot glue gun/ some screw eyes
  • Twine
  • Mini craft pegs
***
Lets get started!
 

 
Firstly, You will need to decide how many rows of twine you are going to have running across the length of the frame. Work out how far apart you would like your twine to be and make a light pencil mark on each side of the frame.
 

Next, Use your hot glue gun to glue your twine where you had marked your frame. Make sure you pull the twine tight so it doesn't hang loosely on your board!
 
Alternatively, you can use screw eyes to screw into the frame where you placed your marks. Then, simply tie the twine so it is secure.
 
Once you've finished this step, cut off any excess twine. 
 


A backing for your board isn't compulsory, but I chose to use a piece of fabric I had to make it a bit more girly and fun!
 
If you would like to do this too, just grab a piece of fabric and cut it so it's a couple of inches larger than your backing sheet. Lay the fabric over the sheet and put the frame on top, then close the clamps to secure your fabric.
 
 
Don't forget to add your mini craft pegs!
 
 
 
And that's it! You can choose to decorate your notice board however you want to!
 
I hope you enjoyed this quick and easy DIY- I'd love to hear your thoughts on this weeks craft project! Also, If you've got any other ideas for future craft posts, please let me know!
 
 
Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you back here for another post on Monday! 
 
Love Megan xo 
 
 
 

4 comments

  1. Oh it looks adorable! :) I love the floral print and the colors. It would be amazing with polaroid pictures, I think.

    Again, good idea!

    See you,

    Cinthya | cinthyarose85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cinthya, Thanks for reading my new post!
      Oh that's a great idea, I would have never thought of that! Thanks for your great input :)
      Have a great weekend!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. OMG! This piece is a must have for any home! <3 I truly love it and congrats for the nice job!! x

    www.juliahasch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Julia, Thankyou so much for your kind words! That really means a lot to me!
      I'm so glad you enjoyed it!
      Have a wonderful day lovely!
      Megan xo

      Delete