A Day For Reflecting...

Monday 4 August 2014

Hello lovely readers,

Todays post is one that is very close to me. Its one I considered not sharing with you all, but I decided to because I want you all to know me on a closer level. I think it will also help me get out some feelings.
So here we go,

Seven years ago today, my mother passed away. If any of you have ever lost someone close to you, then you'll all understand how difficult it is when anniversaries come around. I often think its harder to get through the anniversary than it was on the actual day. I think a lot of you will be confused by this, so allow me to explain.

I was 12 years old and I don't think I fully understood what was happening. I remember that my dad asked me if I wanted to return to school straight away or if I wanted a few days off. I said that I was ready to go to school. My 12 year old self was so excited about the attention from peers and teachers that I knew id be receiving because of this. I know, selfish but that's what I mean by it being more difficult now. These days, I'm not so concerned with popularity and being centre of attention. I have always said that it would have been so much worse if she had passed now.

There are so many things I miss about my mum,
I miss her letting me brush her hair, even though she knew id only make it tangled.
I miss her giving us kids all of the food she prepared for herself.
I miss her being the "Non scary parent".
I miss her being really good at those claw machines- We would always get so much chocolate!
I miss her calling me "pudgie".
I miss Christmas lunches at our house with her wonderful cooking.
I miss her always making muffins and cakes.
I miss her listening to "old people music".
I miss her kissing me goodnight each and every night.
I miss her everyday.

 

I wish I had a lot more memories than I do, but even more than that, I wish she was here to see everything I've done, and everything I am yet to accomplish..

I wish she could have seen me graduate and get my first job. I wish she could have helped me through my first heartbreak and yelled at a few boys too. I wish she could watch me chasing my dreams and achieving all of my goals. I also wish that she could be there when I get my own home, when I get married, when I have her grandchildren. I wish she could have grown old with the love of her life- my dad.


Always on my mind, Forever in my heart. I love you mum.


Thankyou everyone for letting me share my feelings. I'm so glad I could write this post not only for you, but for myself. Thanks so much for reading, I'll have a new post for you all on Thursday.

Love Megan xo

12 comments

  1. Hi Megan,

    Thanks for sharing. So sorry for your loss. This is a beautiful post. I'm sure your Mum is very proud of the woman you have become xx

    polkadotsnw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for your lovely comment. It honestly means so much to me.
      I hope you have a wonderful day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. Such a lovely post Megan! I lost my Dad nearly two years a go now, & it feels like yesterday, so I know the pain you're feeling. I'm positive your mum would be really proud of you & your life, keep strong.
    Michaela xx

    watercolourcamera.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for reading my post, it's really appreciated. I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I hope you too are coping okay. Thanks also for your kind words, you have made me smile :)
      Take care and have a lovely day
      Megan xo

      Delete
    2. Oh it's no problem! & thank you very much, if you ever want a stranger to rant too, I'm happy to help :)
      P.S. you have an amazing blog.

      Michaela Palmer xx
      michaela.i.palmer@gmail.com

      Delete
    3. Same here darling. Again Thankyou so much! Xox

      Delete
  3. That was beautiful megs and remember I'm here for you I luv ya to the moon and back lots of love from ash :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was beautiful! I lost my dad several years ago and I too wrote a post about it on the anniversary of his death. I was hesitant, and then realized that writing about it also helps with the healing process. I hope that sharing this helps you also. It doesn't matter how much time passes, it's always so hard. I am sure your mom would be very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou very much for taking the time to have a read, I appreciate it. Also Thankyou for your kind words. I'm sorry to hear of your loss also. I'm glad that writing about it helped you and I'm sure it has helped me too :)
      Have a lovely day Hun! :) xo

      Delete
  5. Megan! This post made a knot in my throat, I lost my dad when I was 16, you can imagine how hard it was me been a confused teenager. Every loss is difficult but I can only imagine how difficult it is to loose your mum at such a young age! You feel like they are missing a lot of things that happen through the years & there´s always the constant "I wish you were here"

    One person told once, that no matter how long its been, there will always be a great part of them with us. You are her daughter, she is your mum, therefore your own existence is a great part of her still remaining on earth. Every anniversary is hard but I guarantee you, your mum is always there for you, she is like another angel that takes care of you!

    Send you a big hug & all the best! <3 xx

    Marieta,
    http://www.marietaalvarez.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Marieta,
      Thankyou so much for your lovely message, it made me tear up a bit.
      Im so sorry to hear of your loss and I can only imagine how difficult it was for you being older. Like I said, sometimes I think it was a good thing that I didn’t really understand it. I’m sure you did though and I feel so horrible that you had to go through that.
      Your words have made me feel a lot better. It is true that she is a big part of me, She will always be with me.
      I hope you have a wonderful day Marieta, All the best to you too <3 xox

      Delete