Top 15 Life Hacks For The Home

Monday 25 August 2014

 
Hey everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!

I'm sure you've all heard of life hacks, right? Aren't they just fantastic! Lets face it, who wouldn't want life to be that little bit more pleasant? These days it seems like there is an easier, more efficient way to do just about anything!
I thought for todays post, I will compile a list of the very best life hacks I've found for around the home. Hopefully you'll have some fresh ideas for spring cleaning season!

Shall we get started?

1. Glue a magnet to the bottom of your hammer so you don't have to hold your nails in your mouth.

2. Use a command hook behind your high chair to hang bibs.
 
3. Use a pool noodle to keep tall boots straight while storing them.
 
4. Put the lid of a squeeze sauce bottle on the end of a vacuum cleaner hose to clean keyboards.
 
5. wrap a spring from an old pen around your charger cord to keep from breaking.
 
6. Use bread clips to label and organize power cords.
 
7. Place a paper clip at the end of a roll of tape so you never lose the end.
 
8. Store cleaning products in a hanging shoe organizer for saving space.
 
9. When heating leftovers, place the food in the shape of a donut. The blank space in the middle will allow the food to heat up evenly.
 
10. Place a rubber band vertically around an open paint can to wipe your brushes on and to save paint dripping from the side of the can.

11. Putting a dry teabag in smelly shoes and gym bags will absorb bad odours.

12. Use a clothes peg to hold your nail whist hammering so you can avoid hitting your fingers.

13. Use a can opener to remove really tough plastic packaging.

14. Place an old newspaper at the bottom of your rubbish bin to absorb food juices.

15. Put a wrinkly shirt in the dryer with a few ice cubes for 5 minutes. Wrinkles gone!

I hope you found these life hacks helpful! Let me know in the comments if you know of any amazing life hacks. Also please let me know if there is anything you'd like me to create a post on, I'm always looking for new ideas!
Have a wonderful week and I'll see you soon!

Love Megan xo

4 comments

  1. Your blog is so pretty. I need to try out that teabag track for my shoes!
    I nominated you for a liebster award! :)
    http://chibichic.co.uk/2014/08/liebster-award/#more-379

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog and leaving your lovely comment.
      Unfortunately, I've already completed my post for the Liebster award. Ill be sure to check your post out thought!
      Have a lovely day
      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. Argh, I will have to try the tea bag trick! ;)
    Great post, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for reading my post, its greatly appreciated!
      I'm so glad you found this tip helpful, let me know how you get on with it! :)
      Have a wonderful day
      Megan xo

      Delete