D.I.Y Quote Canvas Art

Thursday 7 August 2014


Hey there!

If you've been following me on Pinterest, you'd know that I've been seriously inspired by canvas art lately! I just think it's so cute and its an easy way to decorate any space!
I thought for todays post, I'd show you one of the ideas I saw. It really looks amazing and was so quick and simple to make!

Here's what you will need:




A Canvas in whatever size you'd like. (mine was 10 x 12)
Alphabet stickers
Assorted coloured acrylic paints
White acrylic paint
Paint Brushes

Lets begin!

1. Paint the canvas with different brush strokes using the coloured paint. It can look as messy or as clean as you want. In my opinion, the messier the better!


2. Once dry, arrange the stickers to form any quote you'd like. Once the letters are in place, adhere them to the canvas.


3. Paint over the whole canvas with the white paint. The application of this can also be messy and textured if that's what you desire. Once fully dried, peel off the stickers to reveal your chosen quote. I found it easier to use a pair of tweezers to peel the stickers. Don't worry too much if you peel the letters and find that the white leaked, It adds character!



 And that's it- told you it was easy!



Let me know if you make this DIY over the weekend, id love to see your creations!

Happy Crafting

Love Megan xo

12 comments

  1. This is such a good diy! I would definitely love to try this.

    xx
    destroyed-beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for taking the time to read my new post! Its greatly appreciated!
      Im so glad that you love this idea, id love to see yours if you recreate it!
      Have a wonderful day lovely! x

      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. Adorable! Looks super cute and quick to make!

    Megan
    theofficialblogguide.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate you taking the time to have a read of my new post, Thankyou heaps!!
      I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope you have a fantastic day! :)

      Megan xo

      Delete
  3. Hey, so I've been following your blog on Bloglovin' and wanted to nominate you for a Liebster Award. Its a fun award from bloggers for bloggers and it's a great way to get to know other bloggers. Check out this post for more information http://dailydoseoflacey.blogspot.com/2014/08/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry darling, But I've already completed my post for the Liebster award.
      You can have a look at it here: http://www.roomwithabloom.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/the-liebster-award.html
      But thankyou so much for your nomination and I'll be sure to check out your post!
      Have a wonderful day xo

      Delete
  4. Brilliant post, gotta try this some time. Reckon it would work with stencils and masking tape? Can't wait to see future posts!

    Take care

    Beth @ bethbreeze.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, firstly Thankyou so much for reading my post, I'm so glad you enjoyed it
      I would imagine it would work, please let me know if you try it and it works, or even if it doesn't! I'd love to know for future reference :)
      Have a lovely weekend!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  5. OMG I love this diy! I will try this so soon! And amazing blog!

    Julia Hasch-> juliahasch.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my post darling, I'm so glad you loved this DIY!
      And that's so lovely, it really means a lot to me! Have a wonderful weekend! :)
      Megan xo

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for having a read, it means a lot to me! I'm so glad you enjoyed my post as well as my blog! I'll be sure to check out your link, thanks again!
      Megan xo

      Delete