D.I.Y Gradient Jars

Thursday 28 August 2014

 
 
 
Hello Everyone!
 
Here in Melbourne, we've been having some beautiful spring weather lately. I just couldn't pass up this opportunity to prepare some craft tutorials for you all!
Todays post has got to be one of the simplest, most effective DIY's I've done and its one I'm very excited to share with you all!

For this DIY, you'll need:
 

  
  • Assorted glass jars with labels removed
  • Any paint that has a really runny consistency (I used poster paint)
    -
    You'll need white and any other colour of your choice
  • A plastic container for mixing colours
 
NOTE: if you decided to use glass bottles instead of jars, you will also need a funnel.

Lets get started!
 
 For the first jar, mixing colours isn't required, so just pour a generous amount of the coloured paint into one of the jars.
For the next jar, mix 3/4 coloured paint to 1/4 white paint in the plastic container. The 3rd jar will be 1/2 coloured to 1/2 white and then the 4th one is 1/4 coloured to 3/4 white. The final jar requires only white paint.
 

 


Twist the jar so the paint inside is evenly spread around the walls of the jar. You may need to use more paint if you find it isn't spreading anymore.



 
Once the inside of the jar is fully covered with paint, Tip the jar upside down and leave it on some cardboard so the excess paint can drip out.

 

Once you're sure the excess paint has been tipped out, leave the jars right side up to dry (I left my jars for a couple of days).
 
 

 
Then that's it!


These jars are so adorable and they were so easy to make! Don't you just love the look of them? Please let me know what you think of this idea and also let me know if you decide to create them- I'd love to see your photos!

Have a wonderful weekend!

Love Megan xo





14 comments

  1. They are lovely! I had no idea they'd be so simple to make either
    Jennifer xx
    http://www.ginevrella.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Jenny for always reading and commenting on my posts, it doesn't go unnoticed and I do appreciate it!
      Glad you like this DIY! I hope you have a wonderful day lovely :)
      Megan xo

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty and it looks simple enough that anyone can pull off a similar final look.

    Thanks for sharing!

    xo Jackie

    Something About That

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou for reading my post, im so glad you love them! I try to pick craft ideas that are so quick and simple so just about anyone can join in and make them!
      Again, thanks and I hope you have a great day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  3. I've never seen this done so simply and so effectively! Adore it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting, its always lovely to receive feedback and interact with readers!
      Oh they were so easy to make! I try to pick easy DIYs so anyone can join in!
      Glad you like it, Have a fantastic day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  4. They are so cute!
    You might want to check my latest post ;) http://yarisadventures.blogspot.com/2014/08/icebucketchallenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks gorgeous! I look forward to taking part in the challenge! ;)
      Megan xo

      Delete
  5. I'm going to try this next week, I have loads of jars!

    http://lauraemie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and commenting, it's appreciated!!
      Please let me know how they turn out, I'd love to see!
      Have a wonderful weekend!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  6. These are so pretty. Such a cute idea!

    Emma x
    Writing Essays With Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you like them Emma, Thankyou so much for stopping by and having a read!
      Have a lovely day!
      Megan xo

      Delete
  7. These look so pretty! Will definitely bookmark this to do on a weekend :) xx

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading and commenting darling, it's always lovely to see people enjoying my posts! I hope you do end up doing them, please show me photos if you do, I'd love to see them!
      Have a lovely week!
      Megan xo

      Delete