The Liebster Award

Wednesday 30 July 2014






 
Hey there!
 
Now you're probably thinking 'Megan, today is Wednesday. why on Earth are you posting?' Well I thought I would add an extra sneaky post this week to celebrate my first month of consistent blogging! (Yay me!)
I thought what better post to do than the Liebster award!


I was so excited to see that I had been nominated not once, but twice! It seemed like a fun little post and a great way to get to know other bloggers!
If you are unfamiliar with this tag post (like I was when I was nominated!) here are the rules:

1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You have to answer all the questions you were given by the person who nominated you.
3. You must choose 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and come up with a new set of 11 questions for them.
4. Let your nominees know they’ve been nominated.

Lets get started!
 
I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Hannah from Hannah bakes things, as well as Sarah from A bubbly lady. Thankyou ladies!

 
Hannah's questions:

 1. How did you start blogging?
I've briefly covered this in one of my first posts. Starting a blog was something I had been thinking about doing for about 8 or 9 months. 'Room with a Bloom' was originally meant to be dedicated to interior design. My passions grew and the blog became what it is today. I remember being terrified to actually start because I thought it needed to be perfect. Eventually I realized that it would never be perfect and I just needed to trust that I will become better at writing over time. I hope I've answered this question right!
 

2. Where do you find your inspiration? 
Absolutely everywhere! The smallest things can give me inspiration. I am a Pinterest addict and can spend hours pinning to my hearts desire. I often find great DIY ideas and organisation tips on there. I also get inspired by looking at other blogs- There are some seriously talented and inspirational people in this world!


3. What is your favourite kind of cake?
I'll have to go with Mud cake, Who doesn't love mud cake?


4. What is the best joke you know?

I'm such a sucker for corny jokes!

Q: What did Barack Obama say to Michelle when he proposed?
A: "I don't want to be Obama self."
 
5. What kind of camera do you use?
Currently I'm just using the camera on my IPhone 5 for taking pictures. Its not ideal but I'm working with the best I have. But don't worry, a good quality camera is at the top of my wish list. Does anyone have any recommendations?
 
6. What's made you smile today?
Watching the SacconeJoly's newest vlog: Seeing Emilia and Eduardo learn and grow everyday always seems to make me smile!
 
7. If you could have a super power what would it be?
This was a hard one. I think I'd want to have the power to transport anywhere I wished. There have been so many times that I've been rushing to the train and missed it by seconds. If only I had the power to transport myself onto the train... But then again, if I could transport anywhere, I wouldn't need to catch the train: I could just transport to my destination!
 
8. What are your favourite kind of posts to write?
My favourite by far are DIY posts, Its just so much fun creating little projects and sharing them with you all!
 
9. What is your favourite film?
Like a large percentage of the female population, I too am a huge fan of 'The Notebook'- Makes me cry every time!
I also currently really love 'The heat'- Melissa McCarthy is just so hilarious!
 
10. What couldn't you live without?
Tea- A cuppa and some toast for brekkie is just my favourite way to start each day!
 
11. What are your favourite blogs?
Zoella- Im sure you all know her! Zoe is an English fashion and beauty blogger/ vlogger and has been a huge inspiration to me for a couple of years now. I just adore her style!
Little Miss Katy- Katy is an English beauty and fashion blogger with incredible style! I can spend forever just reading her posts!
The Magpie Girl- Vicki is an Irish fashion blogger. She's absolutely stunning and I love the theme for her blog: Its just so darn pretty! Amazing content too!
A Joyful Kind of Life Rosy posts about everything and anything that makes her happy! I've only just discovered her but love her already!
Little Miss Momma- This is one I find myself checking back to most days. Ashley's lifestyle blog features posts on crafts, style, recipes, home and much more! Her little family is adorable too!  


Sarah's questions:

1. What is your favourite thing about blogging?
I just love that its my own little space on the internet where I can share my own thoughts and opinions. I also love that it allows me to inspire readers from all over the world!


2. Do you have any pets? If yes, how many?
I have a Maltese Shitzu named Maxi, He is so adorable! I couldn't not insert a picture right? This is him when he was just a baby! (Awww)
 

 
3. What is your favourite feel good movie?
The blind side: It makes me laugh and it makes me cry. Its just a wonderful story!
 
4. What is your most worn item of clothing/jewellery?
Would probably have to be leggings: I'm obsessed! They're just so comfortable
 
5. Who is your role model?
Zoe Sugg from 'Zoella'- has just made such an incredible life for herself and has achieved so much, someday I hope to do this too.
 
6. What is the best piece of advise anyone has given you?
Quality over Quantity. It's relevant to so many areas in my life and its something I often need to remind myself!
 
7. Do you prefer heels or flats?
Flats any day! They're just so practical and comfortable- I love them!
 
8.  What is your funniest memory?
When I was younger, my family went on little picnics in the national parks that are not too far from where we live. On one of these occasions, My sister was eating a biscuit when an Emu came up and stole it right from her hand. She cried and I laughed so hard! Its still funny today!
 
9. What is your favourite make up brand?
It would probably have to be Nars, I find myself reaching for their products way more than other brands!
 
10. What is your favourite food to cook?
Italian, Making pasta is so much fun and so delicious as well!
 
11. What are your life goals?
My main goals are to have a successful job, buy a home in the suburbs, get married and start a family. Its something ive wanted for a really long time.
You can also check out 
my life list, it lists 100 goals I have if you'd like to know more! 

I nominate:

1. Home with Jenny

11. Sunbran

And of course the questions I'd like you to answer:

1. What's your favourite season of the year?
2. What does your blog name mean?
3. What is you're favourite candy/sweet?
4. How long have you been blogging?
5. Which blogs do you check daily?
6. If you could go on a holiday anywhere, where would it be?
7. Do you have any Special talents?
8. What is the best book you've read recently?
9. What is your favourite holiday of the year?
10. What's something that you've learnt recently?
11. What quote do you live by?

Thanks for reading, and if you do this tag, be sure to let me know so I can read your responses!

See you all tomorrow for another post
Love Megan xo
 

12 comments

  1. Thank you for nominating me lovely! I love these kinds of posts. I think it's nice to get to know the person behind the blog sometimes.
    Your dog is so cute and that Obama joke had me laughing for just a bit too long....oh well.

    Rachael at broomfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you, I love doing personal 'get to know me' posts for that reason!
      I honestly love that joke but my dad thinks its stupid. I'm just glad someone else found it funny! :)

      Take care and I look forward to reading your response! xo

      Delete
  2. Thank you for nominating me :) I was surprised but happy. I'm going to try and answer all these questions, which I think are all very interesting !
    I'll let you know when I post it.
    Btw your dog is just ... aww <3

    Cinthya - cinthyarose85.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy to see you're on board with the project. I think its a great way to get readers to learn a bit more about you but also to get yourself out there and interacting with other bloggers! I'm glad to see everyone taking a liking to my dog too! lol xo

      Delete
  3. Thanks heaps for nominating me again. Just wanted to let you know that my tag post is up already xD

    P/s I love your responses above and so jealous with your cutie doggie. I live in a rental house so no pet is allowed :(

    Lennie - Lenniebie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no im so sorry! I tried to make sure no one had done the tag, I apologize and will check out your post now. Thankyou for taking the time to read my post: Im glad you think my dog is cute and I hope that you'll be able to have a pet of your own soon
      Take care xo

      Delete
    2. Oh no what I meant was that my tag post responding to your nomination was posted so I just wanted to invite you to see the responses (I haven't done it before). Sorry for the confusion :p and hope you had a beautiful day xD

      Lenniebie

      Delete
    3. Oh sorry, that's my bad! Haha I got so confused! In that case, I'm glad you hadn't already done the tag

      Delete
  4. Your dog is simply adorable, so cute! I admit, I'm easily distracted by pets! I've enjoyed reading your answers, I've been recently nominated, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou so much for having a read and I'm so glad you think he's cute!
      Looking at adorable pets is the best way to spend time huh? :)
      Thanks for letting me know, I'll go and check out your post!
      Have a lovely day xo

      Delete
  5. Hi Megan,

    I just wanted to let you know that I posted The Liebster Award on my blog! I would be very happy if you checked it out : http://cinthyarose85.blogspot.fr/2014/08/the-liebster-award.html

    See you soon,

    Cinthya :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Cinthya, I'll go and check it out right now! :) x

    ReplyDelete