Simple steps to upkeeping your home this winter

Monday 7 July 2014



Hello, I trust you all are doing well? :)

Ever notice that the home starts to fall apart as the months get colder? I know I'd rather be snuggled up with a warm blanket than fussing with housework. I decided a few weeks ago that I would take some simple steps each day to improve the state of the house. I definantly found these steps helpful and they didn't take much time at all. I thought I'd share these tips with you today and see how you all get on with it!

1. The one minute rule:
This one is simple. Its easy to rationalize doing chores when they only take 60 seconds to complete. If I see something that needs doing, I ask myself this question: Can I get it done in one minute. If the answer is yes, then it would almost look lazy if you didn’t do it! Its an easy way to get small tasks done and feel as though you’ve accomplished something. (5 tasks in 5 minutes really isn't that bad)

2. Make sure everything has a place, and that everything is in its place:
I find that things get cluttered and messy quickly when they don't have a home. Something I often need to remind myself is that a pile of books in the corner of the room is not a suitable home! Make sure that you know where everything should go- then when things do get a little crazy (which they will, that's life!), you'll be able to incorporate the first rule to get things sorted much quicker!

3. Make the bed:
 This rule may be obvious to you. Our mothers have been drilling it into our heads since we could walk! However it’s a step that can often be overlooked especially during the colder months. There are many days I don't bother with it because I know I’ll be climbing back into the bed to watch a movie. I always feel more accomplished after making my bed, perhaps since its the biggest component of the room. Its also the best feeling climbing into a made bed at the end of the day- who wouldn't want that?

4. Clean up as you go:
Getting in the habit of doing this will save you time and will keep your home clean and organized. Washing dishes as you cook will allow you to sit and relax after a meal without the stress of a large pile of dishes that await.
I hope these tips help you with staying organised around the home this winter! Remember to let me know if you’ve got any simple tips that work for you or if you try out any of my tips!

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12448947/?claim=mvx6ssrqeav">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Love Megan xo

No comments:

Post a Comment